Red Box Engineering is pleased to offer a first class 3D scanning service in Totton, Southampton and throughout the UK.
What is 3D scanning?
3D Scanning is a non-contact, non-destructive technology that digitally captures the shape of physical objects using a line of laser light. Therefore allowing us to capture the exact size and shape of a physical object and accurately display it within for a 3D representation.
Reverse engineering using a 3D scanner is the most efficient way to generate a 3D CAD model from an existing physical object.
It is also much quicker and cheaper than traditional measurement techniques.
3D scanning can take the most intricate of items and produce a full 3D model ready for further design work, engineering or production.
You can also use this service as the basis to create a next generation design by starting with an existing part.
Finally, with 3D reverse engineering you can leverage 3D scanning to:
- Obtain CAD data that captures an object’s original design intent
- Design a new part to fit to a legacy part either to manufacture in-house or to better communicate designs to suppliers and partners
- Accurately model performance surfaces
- Update CAD models of your tooling to match shop-floor changes
- Recreate molds either for emergencies or low volume batches
- Redesign a part without manufacturing defects
- Modernize your manufacturing process
For more information, or for a consultation, please fill in our Online Form or contact our sales office in Southampton.
Get in Touch:
Tel: 023 8025 4285