In today’s post, we wanted to highlight how easy it is to get your parts cut by our laser, bullet pointing the procedure from start to finish. So, how does laser cutting work at Red Box Engineering? Read on to find out all.
- Contact the Red Box Engineering Team via telephone on +44 (0)2380 254285 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a quote for the parts you would like cut.
- Send over your own drawings (In order of preference; files in DXF or STP format), specifying the material and thickness required.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have your own drawings, we can certainly assist with producing these for you to keep for future use. Just book a meeting with our Design Team and we can work with you to create your work by way of our CAD/CAM software.
- From these, our Sales Team can work on formulating a quote for you and inform you on the lead time needed to complete the work. We will also confirm with you if you require for your components to be delivered and the additional costs involved if necessary.
- Once you have approved the quote and lead time we have provided, we can get to work after payment has been received. From the finalised drawing, our Design Team will program the cutting coordinates which are then uploaded to the laser CNC routing machinery.
- Once cut on the laser, the components are then checked over by our Quality Team to confirm that there aren’t any small burrs that need to be removed and are up to our overall standard.
- When the Quality Team have given the green light, the work is then packaged to prevent any damage during transport.
- Our Sales Team will then contact you to let you know that your job is complete and either ready for collection or despatch. If you have arranged with us that you would like your order to be delivered, we will then get this booked on with our Freight Forwarders and notify you of the transit time.
Could it be any more straight-forward?
Throughout the process, our Sales Team will keep you in the loop with the status of your order and how it’s progressing but we will also be happy to help if you have any questions throughout and if you need to make any last minute amendments. If you’re ready to get the ball rolling, Contact Red Box Engineering today regarding your laser cutting requirements and our knowledgeable team will be prepared to assist.